Friday, March 02, 2007

Strange Happenings

Tell me this isn't a little bit strange: every semester of every year (beginning as early as 1st grade with Mrs. Kuder) I have struggled with waking up and going to class. Now, at the very end of my forseeable academic pursuits, I have suddenly reached a new state: I have no desire to miss class. I enjoy getting up and coming to school to eat my breakfast of yummy biscuits and pepsi. I like sitting in the library for long stretches of time. I don't mind all of the crazies in my classes. I have a lot of homework and I don't mind doing it. What is happening to me?

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm just going to put this out there--during the last week, spring break, I've woken up between 7 and 9 am *every day* when I had nothing to wake up for. Crazy, neh?

Doesn't really compare to your switch, but it still counts as bizarre.

Jennifer Elizabeth said...

Hmmm...I also have been waking up early at unreasonable hours. Oh, no, wait--that's just jetlag.

bkessler said...

Wierd. I had the same exact experience. I have always been a perpetual procrastinator, and in my final year at St Andrews I started doing 'office hours' at the library and becoming really focused. I think it's like a second wind - those last strides towards the end, when all of the sudden you are closer than ever to what you should have been the whole time. I totally relate.

Mandy said...

...update...