Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sun City

Watching David Archuleta perform "You're the Voice" on American Idol last night (I am never going to watch another season of this show-it is nearly meaningless and tonight Apple failed me by running a "segment" during the show that was actually just a plug for iTunes and all other iProducts) anyway, this song reminded me of Sun City. In fifth grade, Mr. Griffin showed us this video. This would have been 1995, ten years after the song was recorded. So, it already looked dated. And it was about apartheid. In South Africa. In fifth grade I didn't know anything about South Africa or apartheid or Sun City or anything. I had NO IDEA what this video was about, but I remember it VIVIDLY because it scared the shit out of me.

Also, Chikezie and Syesha are in the bottom three. They were BY FAR my favorite on this stupid show. This country is racist. I quit. Time for some Sun City.

No comments: