Saturday, September 23, 2006

Regional Woes and Hippie Bliss

I am being forced to watch Iowa St. at Texas and USC at Arizona instead of Ohio State's and Notre Dame's games today. Evil regional programming.

On a lighter note, Ben and I went to the Farmer's Market again this week and it was just amazing. I wish everyone from the familiy could see it...roasting chiles, yummy organic meat and vegetables, fresh cider, delicious homemade spicy mustards and jams, rich hippies, cute little kids running around... it kicks North Market's butt. Last week we made a lamb roast (with Sam's advice) with kale and delicious corn, and baked spiced apples for dessert.

This week we're making chicken with tomatoes and honey, corn, and rolls (hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of Jennie before dinner tonight and can use her recipe). It's so satisfying to buy food from the families that grow it and to eat seasonal foods. I can't deny that I'm becoming a hippie...I've almost convinced myself to become a midwife and live on a farm and live all of my days in hippie bliss. There's something about living where there's too much sunshine that makes solar power and biking everywhere seem like viable options. Of course, I don't have solar power and I don't have a bike, so I'm just a hypocrite... I guess all I'm saying is that there's really something inspiring and beautiful about Santa Fe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jealous.