Friday, November 17, 2006

GO BUCKS!


Brad and Mandy have already expressed their keenly felt "Game" angst...so I thought I would just throw some positive energy into the mix. I mean, they just HAVE to win. I also think it is really unfair that Bo Schembechler died. Now that's all the commentators are going to talk about, and I'm sure they'll do some sort of tribute during half-time which will get the Michigan fans going. All I can is: Buckeye fans, stay strong. Don't let your Ohio-y niceness overcome your duty to your own team. Having said that, I think that all Ohio State fans (with the exception of my family) could really use a little Notre Dame-y-ness in their cheering and partying. A little dignity and image-consciousness. I know that the OSU fans are going to boo when the Wolverines take the field, and I know that, whether or not we win, they will probably set fire to more than one thing. Why can't we take the high road, Bucks? Then again, I am not actually advocating any serious change in behavior for fans, because whatever you've been doing this season, it's been working. I guess the bottom line is that, no matter what happens, it won't be as great as watching the Buckeyes win the National Championship in 2003 with mom beside us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

True, OSU campus is not the place to be this weekend, especially if they win...Riots will abound...cars will be burned...police will be in their cool riot gear...and I will watch it all from the security of Ben K's home. Yes!

bkessler said...

With curry! yes!