Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to real life?

I wanted to post some pictures of the apartment because it looks so great with all of the pictures everyone gave me! For some reason, however, the picture uploader thing isn't working. Weird.

So I'll just post about what has happened since I left Ohio. Ben H and I had a great New Years Eve dinner with a couple of Ben's close friends from high school and then a fantastic New Years Day with Ben's family and close family friends. Our friend Ghetia came up from Santa Fe for a couple of weeks wearing a suit as his only luggage. We bummed around for a couple days and then Ghetia flew up to San Francisco to visit a few of our other St. John's friends. Then Brock came to Los Angeles on a business trip, which involved inspecting a private collection of 25,000 bottles of wine (this was actually only the Los Angeles part of his collection) and then having two extra days all expenses paid to hang out with me. We came up to Ojai to watch the New Hampshire debate, which was very entertaining, and then drove down to L.A. again the next morning because I had choir rehearsal. Then we went out to dinner at Cha Cha Cha's, an amazing Cuban restaurant only a couple of blocks from my house (Brad, I must take you here) and had the most delicious jerked pork, coconut shrimp, and goat cheese and guava quesadillas. Then we went to the Arclight to see El Orfanato, which was good/scary/sad. Definitely worth seeing.

I have been working on Rosetta Stone Spanish (thanks Jaime!) and have new resolve about getting a full-time job. Oh! And I found out on New Years Day that I got into Bennington in Vermont, but am still waiting to hear from Scripps. Still, I feel a tremendous relief at having been accepted by Bennington, and I emailed a St. John's alumna who did the Bennington post-bac program and is now in the middle of the psychiatry residency program at Johns Hopkins, and she was very enthusiastic about it.

So, today Ben drove up to San Francisco to meet our friends (I can't go because of work) and I am in Ojai with Grushka getting ready to drive down to L.A. and get a real job and take care of other real life sorts of things. Sad. It's been such a nice holiday. Oh, and that game last night was devastating. I hate the South and I hate the BCS.

No comments: