Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I can't believe it's actually today!

I want to take a moment to express, in the final moment, my excitement at the prospect of having a thoughtful, well-spoken president, and the first black president. I think that Barack will win today, and I know that when he does, the incredible, wonderful, almost laughable idealism of all of us who support him will turn into the realism of living with the consequences of the government's decisions for another four years.

But this morning, waking up to the last day of coffee and polls online, I feel truly hopeful that having an intelligent person running this country will make a difference here and internationally, and that electing a black president will make a difference in the way that American children see themselves and their opportunities. Anyway, I want to put it on the record that I am hopeful today.

1 comment:

bkessler said...

Woot!!!!