Sunday, November 02, 2008

Me too, me too!

I want to go to graduate school in the UK, too! Half the family lives there now, it seems. I don't think it is very practical for me to apply for a medical degree in the UK, but I may do it anyway.

I've been a little down the last couple of weeks. I miss the ex-boyfriend terribly and am trying not to focus on that...but it's difficult. On top of that, he and his sister have un-friended me on Facebook. I'm not sure why this upset me so much, but it has.

School is going well, but I have been more distracted this semester and am a teensy bit concerned about my ability to focus on chemistry. My microbiology and animal physiology classes are fascinating, and have been stealing my energy and attention away from chemistry.

Election election election. I'm planning for the best and ignoring the possibility that the worst could happen.

I still haven't been able to find a lab to work in during field work term. This is very upsetting, but not the end of the world. I'm going to have a lot of research experience from research projects I'm doing here for my microbiology and chemistry classes...so I guess I could spend field work term volunteering and studying for the MCAT.

I'm planning to take the MCAT on Wednesday, August 5th. I REALLY need to do well on this test. Never before have I been afraid of a standardized test. I am now. It really freaks me out that it is on a computer. I love the sensation of penciling in bubbles.

Also, I had to reassure Grandma Callahan that everyone really does love and appreciate her...maybe a certain sister of mine (not Jennie, who talked to her only a couple weeks ago) should send her an email?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, what's with the unfriending?!? I thought everything was more than amicable.

Studying in the UK is impractical BUT soooooo satisfying.

We realized that we hadn't contacted the grandparents at all since we moved to the UK. But I blame Jaime since she's the personable e-mailer of the family. Shame on her.

Mandy said...

I second Ben's "dude what's with the un-friending' comment.

And you can't go study in the UK, we're living in Ohio together!!

I'll get on that emailing. :(

bkessler said...

I think studying in the UK is overrated. You really should come to Ohio. Please respect your sister's comment above. She is very wise.

Mandy said...

I'm so wise.

Me said...

I third my Ben's unfriending comment. And I second his UK comment. Doooooo it. You know you want to.

Sam said...

I'm going to be impartial, and say you'd be stupid not to study in the UK. Ben's advice appears suspiciously partisan when you consider how happy he is having discovered his soul mate at university in the UK...

Saheem Baig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saheem Baig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.