Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I feel as though I've fallen off the face of the earth...maybe I have?

Hi everyone. Man, Facebook sure has killed the blogging action in this family, has it not? Oh well. I don't mean to be so bad at keeping in touch with people. Last year was the year of the Brad, and this year seems to belong to Ben and Julie. But I LOVE you all.

New developments? I'm taking (organic) chemistry IV, biochemistry, microbiology research methods, and auditing physics to make sure I'm fresh for the MCAT. So that's all new, I guess. It certainly takes up plenty of time and energy.

Tonight I went over to a bass luthier's workshop in the middle of the woods outside Cambridge, NY. He is a friend of the lab manager of the college (also a very skilled woodworker) and is making some serious repairs to my bass, which was sitting in Laszlo's attic for three years. We worked on it for several hours tonight. It was so incredibly nice of him to explain what he was doing and allow me to help. It was awesome.

I am enjoying a completely new phase of my life...the incredibly-happy-to-be-single-what-was-I-thinking-before?-phase.

I have found four med schools in the UK that accept international students without science undergraduate degrees. Unfortunately, three of them are in Southampton, Nottingham, and Newcastle. I REALLY don't think I want to spend four years in Nottingham. Am I wrong?

Hmmm...can't remember what else I was thinking about before. Oh well!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Nottingham's meant to be nice. And I like Newcastle. And you'd still be not-so-very-far from me and Ben!

Susie has someone you can talk to from King's.

Annie Chase said...

Did you ever get to visit any of them while you were there?