Saturday, February 10, 2007

So close!

Wow...only ten hours left. I have never lived a week so full of the same boring and exhausting shit. My essay is well-written but tragically short on substance, I feel. Alas. Alas. I spent four hours (it took four hours!) to copy-edit Ben's essay last night, which was 40 pages long and is now only 35. My essay is a modest 23 pages long. We keep getting notes through campus mail telling us about our choreographed evening tonight...one of the problems with tradition is that you get notes that say, "Get dressed up and come to the president's house. Then walk in the door, at the left you'll see a closet. Turn right. A man will be there to take you're oeuvre (it actually says that!) and will ring a gong. Stand there and he will announce your name and your essay title. You will then be greeted by the dean, the president, etc." I've, of course, lost my note and don't really remember what to do except that there will be a gong. I will try really hard to take amusing pictures of the whole thing. This is really one of the moments when I wish I'd bought that video camera. A gong!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

A gong! Wow, I wish I could attend and see you enter and have your essay name announced. I'd feel like I was entering a royal ball. "The Lady Amanda Kessler!!"

Jennifer Elizabeth said...

Do take LOTS of pictures.

Mandy said...

Okay, I've been bugging Ben K about an update, and he did it. Now, it's your turn.

Update!