Monday, December 03, 2007

I Heart Huckabee

If I worked on an admissions committee, I would bust my ass to make a decision so that some poor, hopeful (but not tooo hopeful) girl sitting in her apartment waiting patiently (but not THAT patiently) wouldn't be disappointed every time she checked her
email. This is going to be a loooooooong six weeks.

On a brighter note, I am now officially content with the outcome of the 2008 presidential race. Why, you ask? Because of Mike Huckabee. Please don't expect real substance from this post.

As a long-time Edwards-lover and realist,I know that there is no way he is going to win the primary. Thankfully, this year there are so many entertaining, generally sane (or at least entertaining) people running for the Democratic spot on the ticket that I can't lose.

Hillary:


A little severe and power-hungry, but who doesn't want a woman to be president? Plus, she's composed and competent. (That was a pretty non-rhetorical rhetorical question, actually...there are probably millions of people who don't want a woman to president)

Obama:

He's upbeat, articulate, and all this talk about his inexperience is irrelevant: he'll pick good advisors. I also like that he isn't as hyperpartisan as Clinton and Edwards. Hope IS audacious. Plus, who doesn't want a black man to be president?

Richardson:

He isn't going to win, and I don't want him to because he's way too good for New Mexico, but if he did win he'd do really well. Plus, who doesn't want an Hispanic man for president? By the way, if anyone wants to start a crazy new hobby, following New Mexico politics is a good one. It's the wild west out there.

Kucinich:


He is THE reason to watch the debates. Some highlights:
"Everyone should have health insurance? I say everyone should have health care. I'm not selling insurance."
"I am running for President of the United States to enable the Goddess of Peace to encircle within her arms all the children of this country and all the children of the world."
From his website: If you love Joe Biden, you’ll love Clinton, Obama, Edwards, Richardson, and Dodd – but not Kucinich

Plus, who doesn't want another crazy Ohioan to be president?

So, any of these people would be just fine by me.

That brings us to the real news: why I wouldn't mind if a republican won.
Mike Huckabee:


or, as I like to think of him: "red" Jed Bartlett. I want him to beat Giuliani and Romney so badly! He rocked the YouTube debate last week. If he were the republican nominee, I really wouldn't be as scared next fall. Plus, who wouldn't want to vote for an American who's LOST weight? I heart Huckabee.



Sorry, John- I just don't think it's going to happen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a post! Like the pics.

Mandy said...

fabulous

bkessler said...

Prediction:

Hillary vs. Huckabee. Huckabee destroys Hillary 60/40.