Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bad Chinese Food

The single saddest thing about Santa Fe is its lack of a good Chinese restaurant. Now, I know some of you aren't wild about (or have never heard of) my hometown staple: Peking Dynasty. You are missing out. Especially if you live in Santa Fe, because in Santa Fe, Chow's is considered the best Chinese restaurant. Let me enumerate to you the issues I have with Chow's:

1) Service is slow, slow, slow. This is actually a problem in Santa Fe generally, but I mean, don't we expect more from Chinese restaurants? The only experience of good service I had there was with the bus boy, who faithfully refilled the coke that I was drinking at an astonishing pace. I was drinking the coke at an astonishing pace and he refilled it at an astonishing pace...tricky modifiers. Which brings me to...
2) They charged me an extra $2! $2! For my coke after my second refill. I mean, I don't usually drink that much but I was very thirsty, and when Ben and I checked the menu it did not advertise this fact anywhere. How cheap is that!
3) The food tastes weird. I think they are going for some sort of Asian fusion Chinese food, except that the Chinese food all sounds normal on the menu.

Okay, that's it about the Chinese food.

1 comment:

Tisher said...

The food tastes weird probably because Chow's (idiotically) insists in using no MSG.